Monday, December 8, 2008

I remember it too well...

So, I was looking for a video I had seen before regarding another topic when I ran into these. They give an accurate accounting of what missionaries teach on a day to day basis. I remember to well what it was like trying to convince people that what the LDS church believed was right. I recall wincing when some of the more obscure topics would come up. I don't envy those poor boys.

I wish I would have been approached like this because I think I would have seen the light sooner and made my exit long before I did. I am impressed at the way this man talked with these missionaries. He was polite, listened and in a calm way danced circles around them. At some point I want to be able to handle myself that way but I doubt I would be that composed.

Anyways, take a look and let me know what you think. If nothing else, it is fun to listen to their New Zealand accents.





1 comment:

  1. That was interesting. I can tell you from experience, they all walked away and each wondered how far off some people can get from the Bible. When the need to believe increases, the ability to discern right from wrong decreases.

    ReplyDelete